Skills and Technologies
|Software and Services||Hardware|
|MS Windows (NT4 - 2012 R2 / 8.1)|
MS SQL (2000 - 2014), MS Exchange (2000 - 2013), MS Hyper-V (2008 - 2012)
VMware ESX/ESXi (3.x - 5.x)
Ubuntu, Debian, RedHat, CentOS, AWS Linux
SaaS solutions - Office 365, SalesForce
IaaS/PaaS solutions - Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Rackspace, SoftLayer, Cisco Cloud and CloudPlus
|Dell Servers, Switching and Storage
HP Servers, Switching, Security and Storage
IBM Servers and Storage
EMC VNXe & VNX storage arrays
Nimble CS series storage arrays
Cisco Routing, Switching, Security and Cisco/Meraki Wireless
Palo Alto Firewalls
Segura, April 2014 – Current
Senior Technical Advisor
My role at Segura is to provide technical advisory services to clients, around Cloud, Big Data, Disaster Recovery and associated areas. I am relied upon to deliver unbiased, reliable and trustworthy information to clients, as well as provide pre-sales, account management and develop solutions for the business.
- Represent Segura at client strategy meetings, advising on technical strategy to provide direction, improve efficiencies and utilisation of their systems and be a source of advice and guidance appropriate for the level of knowledge and position.
- Establish and improve corporate governance around pre-sales, project management, implementation and quality assurance.
- Identify and establish relationships with suitable vendors and technology partners, broadening Segura’s offerings and internal knowledge.
- Build and maintain tools and systems surrounding Cloud and Big data services.
- Develop product and service offerings, based on client direction and requirements.
Kiandra IT, Nov 2007 – Feb 2014
Senior Systems Engineer, then Infrastructure Technical Lead
Initially as a Systems Engineer, I focused on supporting client environments, delivering client-side architecture solutions and developing internal systems and processes. Upon promotion to the Infrastructure Technical Lead, I was responsible for the technical assessment and development of solutions across the Technology Infrastructure team. Key focus included the provision of high level solutions architecture, pre-sales consulting, technical project sign-off and specialist implementation services.
- Served as Technical lead to the Kiandra Management and Directors, aiding with the definition and execution of infrastructure solution delivery, risk management and technical solutions for client services.
- Represented Kiandra at client pre-sales meetings (working with CxO, MD’s, Infrastructure Directors and alike), advising on solutions to improve efficiencies and utilisation of their systems and be a source of advice and guidance appropriate for the level of knowledge and position.
- Increased corporate governance surrounding pre-sales and architecture, driving quality of solutions provided.
- Acted as technical assessor of current and new technologies, and served as a driver of these technologies and working with management to align new developments in company overall strategic direction.
- Formed a collaborative partnership with external vendors such as Dell, HP, IBM, Cisco, Juniper, Ingram Micro, Dicker Data, Westcon Group and more to ensure clients benefited from a unified approach to meeting their needs.
- Partnered with clients to understand existing architecture, and to offer solutions for improving efficiencies and utilisation of their systems and acting as a source of advice and guidance
- Provided level 3 support services to a broad range of clients and technologies. Aided clients with infrastructure and completed IT upgrades incl. Servers, Storage, Virtualisation, Data Expansion and Management, Networking/Communications and Efficiency Planning.
- Reviewed security and disaster recovery (DR) to ensure clients benefited from a risk-managed solution.
- Responsible for overseeing quality of work, being a point of escalation, technical and non-technical mentoring and also contributing to the ongoing employment review process for technical staff.
Computer Sciences Corporation, April 2006 – November 2007
Senior Field Support Analyst
CSC held the Applications Services agreement with BHP Billiton which was originally awarded in Jun 2000 and had been extended for many years following. The role of Senior Field Support Analyst was positioned at the BHP Corporate Head office and was based in Melbourne. The role was predominantly client facing, support based.
- Provided level 1, 2 and level 3 support to over 1000 users spread across 11 floors within the Melbourne QV offices. The environment was largely Windows utilising the full Microsoft stack (Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Exchange 2003, Office Communications Server 2007/R2, SQL 2000/2005 etc.)
- Formed a collaborative relationship with BHP Billiton IT staff to ensure SLA for user services were met.
- Liaised with many C-Level (COO, CEO, CFO etc) executives from BHP Billiton business units, providing critical technical support, and worked with BHP Billiton Asia Pacific to provide offshore support as required.
- Systems Administrator – K & S Freighters, 2005
- Quarantine Officer – Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service (AQIS), 2004 to 2005
- Systems Administrator – Harbour & Marine Engineering, 2003 to 2004
- IT Support – Concept Sports, 2002
- IT Support – Department of Corporate Information Services, NT, 2000
- IT Support – Department of Defence, NT, 1999 to 2000
- IT Support/Systems Administration – Various companies, 1998 to 1999